Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8 (135 Views)

Box reboots on modern family sky1 HD 3rd march s8e10

virgin people 

my box has just rebooted on modern family s8e10 on sky1 HD.

this time I had paused the "live show" for a few minutes and was watching the playback when it rebooted...

....AGAIN....

uncool bordering on useless.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 8 (131 Views)

Re: Box reboots on modern family sky1 HD 3rd march s8e10

Same here!

Every time I watch live or recorded new episode of Modern Family it reboots about 5 mins in.

I've already had my box replaced once as I was told it was a HDD fault... obviously not.

I will be throwing the box through the window if this happen again next week.

Seriously, get this sorted Virgin!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8 (93 Views)

Hello noternet and chrisshaw27

Thanks for posting.

It looks like there was a problem with that episode of Modern Family so have you been able to watch or record another episode since?

Speak to you both soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8 (81 Views)

Hi Rose,

I have the same issue with Elementary, but it seems that someone on here says it is a noted fault and Virgin know about it.

Is there a timeframe for a fix ?

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8 (59 Views)

Hello Dominatez,

So I can look into this for you, what episode and series of elementary is this happening on?

Also what On Demand channel is it broadcast?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8 (54 Views)

Rose_B wrote:

Hello Dominatez,

So I can look into this for you, what episode and series of elementary is this happening on?

Also what On Demand channel is it broadcast?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Your colleagues have already stated the problem has been identified and will be fixed in a future firmware update. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 7 of 8 (39 Views)

shawty1984 wrote:  ...Your colleagues have already stated the problem has been identified and will be fixed in a future firmware update. 

Actually it's more accurate to state that "a problem" has been identified but it's always helpful (when requested) to gather a number of failure scenarios so those  that can test certain firmware  (pre-release) versions to both replicate the exact failure scenario but also continue testing to mitigate the possibility that other new (or regression) errors/bugs have not been inadvertently (re)introduced?

Unfortunately that Trial/testing process does incur some non-disclosure (from any of us involved) of detailed status updates while ongoing and often protracted delays(lack of detailed schedules)  as final fixes is rolled out in staggered fashion across various regions/areas including some wider pilot release areas in some scenario!  Smiley Sad

Bottom line: Just because there are no regular updates from VM doesn't mean "the problem is being ignored" and just because a Forum Team member ask's for further info (without explicitly  stating current testing/fix status in same post) doesn't automatically mean they are personally/individually unaware of other status but more likely are restricted in what info they can unilaterally disclose in (non trial) community fora?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8 (36 Views)

horseman wrote:

shawty1984 wrote:  ...Your colleagues have already stated the problem has been identified and will be fixed in a future firmware update. 

Actually it's more accurate to state that "a problem" has been identified but it's always helpful (when requested) to gather a number of failure scenarios so those  that can test certain firmware  (pre-release) versions to both replicate the exact failure scenario but also continue testing to mitigate the possibility that other new (or regression) errors/bugs have not been inadvertently (re)introduced?

Unfortunately that Trial/testing process does incur some non-disclosure (from any of us involved) of detailed status updates while ongoing and often protracted delays(lack of detailed schedules)  as final fixes is rolled out in staggered fashion across various regions/areas including some wider pilot release areas in some scenario!  Smiley Sad

Bottom line: Just because there are no regular updates from VM doesn't mean "the problem is being ignored" and just because a Forum Team member ask's for further info (without explicitly  stating current testing/fix status in same post) doesn't automatically mean they are personally/individually unaware of other status but more likely are restricted in what info they can unilaterally disclose in (non trial) community fora?

I'll go with its VM being VM and they are just been themselves when it comes to issues like these. If what you are stating is true then the better answer would be to say we are aware of the issue and have identified a problem and a fix is coming in a future update but to help the team I'll pass on all of the details of this problem so the relevant teams have the correct information.