Menu
daveaegginton
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Box ordered

Have ordered V6 but can't install until 3rd January. Would like before Christmas as TiVo is so slow. Any way it can be installed before then?
0 Kudos
robkat
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box ordered

Ordered mine today and will have to wait until Feb 2017 for install.
0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same here got a Feb date
0 Kudos
sharkey1987
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I thought I was waiting a while, mines is due to be installed on the 7th of Jan. Smiley Surprised
0 Kudos
johnrtaylor
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Your Lucky to get a January date, I ordered yesterday morning at 08:30 and I was told install wouldn't be until the 1st February. The reason given is that it is an 80 point install, in other words it takes longer to install than a normal TiVo, and the earliest date for an install of that length is February!!. I cannot believe they do not have engineer availability for nye on 2 months, looks like this new Virgin product release is already turning into a shambles.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

johnrtaylor wrote:

Your Lucky to get a January date, I ordered yesterday morning at 08:30 and I was told install wouldn't be until the 1st February. The reason given is that it is an 80 point install, in other words it takes longer to install than a normal TiVo, and the earliest date for an install of that length is February!!. I cannot believe they do not have engineer availability for nye on 2 months, looks like this new Virgin product release is already turning into a shambles.

It would depend how difficult it is to connect to your router, it may be by wi fi power line adaptors or ethernet

0 Kudos
johnrtaylor
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There is no problem connecting to the router, the current TiVo is connected by cat5e to the router, the new V6 is a direct replacement for this TiVo, so it is matter of pulling the cable from one and placing it in the new. Virgin have been made aware of this at the time of booking.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

johnrtaylor wrote:

There is no problem connecting to the router, the current TiVo is connected by cat5e to the router, the new V6 is a direct replacement for this TiVo, so it is matter of pulling the cable from one and placing it in the new. Virgin have been made aware of this at the time of booking.

I should have no problems with installation either as I have Cat 5 cabling around the house with a number of switches, one located next to the Tivo to be replaced.

However, I suspect that is not the norm and some installations will be interesting so a certain time will be allocated to each individual installation. Some customers may indeed be knowledgeable while others may be less informed than they think so best play safe and provide a standard installation slot.This may change as more V6s are installed and engineers become more proficient.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
sharkey1987
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I guess the best outlook we can have is that at least this way, we won't be left in telly darkness over the holidays if anything goes wrong over. 😊
0 Kudos
Wile_E_Coyote
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ordered last night after seeing the announcements here...5th. January.

Gives us time to watch all the recordings. Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos