Menu
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Blank screen with sound

Hi guys

Anyone else getting the same issue,it's happened twice that I can hear what is on but get a black screen with no picture and I have to reboot
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blank screen with sound

Hi anthony_b, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with getting a picture on your V6 box. 

Are you by any chance connecting the V6 box through a 4K Amp to a non 4K TV? 

Is this happening on Live TV or is it only happening when using an app such as Netflix? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thank you for coming back so quickly.

It seems to happen on TV stations and not one in particular. I think the last time it happened was on a music channel.

As I mentioned to someone on the phone at VM,the box is connected via an HDMI cable to a 4k TV and she said it was a known issue with the box st this stage and for the short term I was told to turn off and on the V6 box till a fix is sorted

Best
Anthony
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath

It's just happened again when I changed channels but this time I got no sound and no picture
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello anthony_b,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Since you mentioned that there was no sound or picture what I would like to do is to arrange for one of our engineers to take a closer look so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
B-side
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here too. Sequence is as follows (Samsung TV):

1. If I switch TV on first, then V6 afterwards the picture comes up blank, initially with status bar then just the red button. Sound is fine. If I then switch off the V6 and back on again (with the TV still on) the picture appears correctly with sound. 

2. If I switch V6 on first and then the TV afterwards I get picture and sound working normally. 

B-Side

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I tried part 1 and it worked fine

I think the issue happens randomly

As I mentioned virgin media know about it and they are waiting for a fix.
My question is they know about it along with the snow pixelation when resetting the box but why are they waiting so long
0 Kudos