Menu
johnrtaylor
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Big Delays for Installation

I ordered on Tuesday the 6th Dec at 08:30 and I was told install wouldn't be until the 1st February. The reason given is that it is an 80 point install, in other words it takes longer to install than a normal TiVo, and the earliest date for an install of that length is February!! I cannot believe they do not have engineer availability for nye on 2 months, looks like this new Virgin product release is already turning into a shambles.

0 Kudos
jgordon99
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Big Delays for Installation

I called up yesterday afternoon and was given a 4th jan installation which I actually had to put back as I couldn't make that one. I re-booked for 10th Jan. At no point was I told about an 80 point install. It could be down to the demand in your area but i'd definitely give them another call and ask for an earlier date. I bet they'll find you one.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Prioritise fixing faults over xmas, and quite rightly so

0 Kudos
johnrtaylor
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have tried getting an earlier install date, whilst there are many install dates available, according to Virgin, none of the available appointments are long enough (80 point installs)

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Also, given the number of posters trying and/or succeeding to get the V6 installed, it would suggest that VM are being overwhelmed by the number of customers who want a V6.

That sounds more like problems with the success of the launch rather than a shambles.

Personally I am in no rush and I am happy with a January date and, if it takes longer to install, so be it if it ultimately provides a better service. Given the issues with the Tivo software releases recently I would suggest that slow and steady should be the approach for the new box.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

80 point install what's that mean,I envisioned they take TiVo Cables out,put them into v6,job done cuppa tea ,love Lee jublee..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
johnrtaylor
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Also, given the number of posters trying and/or succeeding to get the V6 installed, it would suggest that VM are being overwhelmed by the number of customers who want a V6.

That sounds more like problems with the success of the launch rather than a shambles.

Personally I am in no rush and I am happy with a January date and, if it takes longer to install, so be it if it ultimately provides a better service. Given the issues with the Tivo software releases recently I would suggest that slow and steady should be the approach for the new box.

That would be true if I hadn't been told that I was one of the first to book in my area and they do have many earlier appointments in my area, but these are only long enough for the older TiVo install. The reason I was given for the longer appointment was that they may need to move the Superhub, so that it is next to the V6. I have told them that there is no need to do this as the Cat5e cable just needs to be unplugged from the old TiVo and moved to the new V6. You have your opinion re shambles or success I have mine, so we will differ.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

johnrtaylor wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

That would be true if I hadn't been told that I was one of the first to book in my area and they do have many earlier appointments in my area, but these are only long enough for the older TiVo install. The reason I was given for the longer appointment was that they may need to move the Superhub, so that it is next to the V6. I have told them that there is no need to do this as the Cat5e cable just needs to be unplugged from the old TiVo and moved to the new V6. You have your opinion re shambles or success I have mine, so we will differ.

See my other reply to you.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
stut4
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

remember they have to put c.50 cable clips into the wall from the hub to the v6 box so that only leaves them 30 other points to get the box setup Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

They called me on Dec 1st and the first date they could give me was Jan 11th.
Take into account that no one had been able to order their V6 at this point!

The only reason I can think for it being that long after reading all this is that she asked if the SH3 was near the TiVo and I said no. I have it connected via powerline right now and I would hope to keep it like that for the V6.
I bet I have been put in as a 80 point install or whatever when really it is a matter of moving 1 box upstairs to a connection that is already there and the V6 going in place of that one and all being connected to powerlines as they are now.

Wish they had asked that when they booked me in as I bet I could have been earlier....
0 Kudos