Menu
mac2474
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are these charges correct?

I have just ordered a V6 to replace my 1TB TiVo. I have the Big Kahuna bundle and understood this would mean the V6 would be £49.99 + £14.99 activation fee. This is what the email receipt shows:-

One-off charges & credits
Activation Fee £14.99
Manned Installation Credit £40.00CR
Manned Installation Charge £40.00
V6 Box Activation Fee £99.95
One-off charges & credits total £114.94
Other fees, charges & credits total* £114.94

I'm a bit confused at the total and why there are 2 activation fees.

Can anyone advise?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
mac2474
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Are these charges correct?

I have now re-contacted VM and after 13 minutes of explaining that I had been overcharged, I have been informed that I will be charged the lower amount (£49.95) plus activation. I will not feel confident the charge has been amended until the complete install amount is taken from my bank. I also noticed my install date had been changed!?!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That pricing would be correct if you have the 100 speed broadband connection. To get the lower price you need to be on the Vivid 200 package as well as the full house TV package.

Not sure what speed big kahuna comes with as it is old deal.
mac2474
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I have a Vivid 200 connection too.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Assuming Big Kahuna includes the TV full house, previously XL package, then I would suggest you call in again and query the pricing.

Unfortunately there are a lot of posts here where the phone teams seem to be making the charges up on the hoof.
mac2474
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have now re-contacted VM and after 13 minutes of explaining that I had been overcharged, I have been informed that I will be charged the lower amount (£49.95) plus activation. I will not feel confident the charge has been amended until the complete install amount is taken from my bank. I also noticed my install date had been changed!?!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mac2474,

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear that there was a problem arranging your V6 installation at the correct price.

I've checked your account and can see that the discount has been applied for you, so you will be charged £49.95 plus activation £14.99.

I'm sorry that your appointment was rescheduled. I've checked this and there are no earlier appointments at this time. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos