Menu
Iain_M
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are Virgin Media always so useless?

I went online to order a new V6 box on the 7th and selected two possible installation dates, Virgin without discussing it with me however chose a different date, when I called them up to find out why was told the online booking system isn't always very good.

I then went through to retentions who offered me a good deal with two V6 boxes with an installation date of the 18th, called Virgin today as I hadn't had a text about tomorrow's installation and was told the date had been changed to the 19th, as that's no good they said they could then book the 2nd Feb.

Do Virgin Media always lie to you and change installation date without calling you?
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are Virgin Media always so useless?

The challenge with the V6 installations is that they need to be scheduled in for a greater period of time than any other at the moment due to provisioning for moving the SuperHub.

The online booking system isn't really cut out for handling these longer appointments, so VM are winging it so to speak until self-installs are possible.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Iain_M
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can understand the online booking system having issues due to high demand at the moment, but when you call up to book another date that is suitable, for that to be changed is very poor.

I've since spoken on the phone again to VM and they've knocked off the activation fee and put me on a priority list, don't expect I'll actually get it any earlier though if current preformance are anything to go by.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iain_M,

I'm really sorry to hear that the date you booked online wasn't actually available resulting in the date being postponed. 

The V6 installation takes a little longer time and all work we do is rated in points. There will be a specific amount of points available but if the job you are booking goes over those, we'll arrange installation for the next available date with enough points. 

It's not very well put, and we have fed this back to the My VM team. 

Even though your date has been scheduled for the next available, it's possible more quota, or a cancellation has resulted in an earlier appointment being available. 

I'm more than happy to double check however if there is an available one for a closer date, I'd have to book it there and then as these appointments tend to be filled right away. If you turn out to be unavailable and want the original date back, there's no guarantee it will be available. Swings and roundabouts. 

Let me know if you want me to take a look. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Iain_M
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Kath_F

I can almost understand issues with the online booking system, but when I call up and re book a date for that to be changed that's what really wasn't good.

If you could double check that would be great, would it be helpful if I PM you the dates I'm available before the current booked date?
0 Kudos
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I made sure there was a wired connection available for the V6 he was here 20-25 minutes.
0 Kudos
Iain_M
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

gordy66 wrote:
I made sure there was a wired connection available for the V6 he was here 20-25 minutes.

I expect the installer won't be at mine long, one box in pretty much next to the hub, the other one will connect via wi-fi, unfortunately knowing it's unlikely to take long doesn't make it any easier to actually get the appointment.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iain_M, 

It certainly would as the last thing I want to do is book an earlier appointment and then you not be available Smiley Sad 

I'm back in at 2pm tomorrow so will check availability then for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos