Menu
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Apps on tivo and v6

Id like to know how a company would go about submitting an app to these boxes,as id like to see a sweatflix app on my virgin box..how is this done so i can pass this onto the sweatflix website..this is not out of the question right😒

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apps on tivo and v6

IMHO No chance of this app ever coming to a Virgin Media platform. It already has cast support, at least, with Chromecast and Apple TV.

Dereklad
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Youtube and netflix are on cast and apple tv so whats the problem..i want my sweatflix app up and running for when my v6 comes,this is my dream..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

With the greatest of respect, you're comparing Sweatflix with YouTube and Netflix.

How many UK users of this app are there?

Dereklad
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I want this app on my v6 box,wheres that moderator i want a word with her..sureley virgin accept app submissions,there not gonna say ,never heard of sweatflix go away?the moore apps the better right,gives costomers moore choice..

Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone actually got a list of the apps that are available on tivo..

Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dereklad, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy 

You can find which apps are available on the TiVo® here: Apps and Games on Virgin TV

I've passed your suggestion on however as mentioned by Ernie_C, it's unlikely it will be considered based on the low popularity of it. If this changes in future though it will be something to consider so never say never Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

won't happen. low uk customer usage. there are apps i would like to see but again low uk usage so won't happen. also there would be an element of overkill. i wouldn't want 100's of apps on tvo/v6 boxes.  

0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well it would be an idea to have a workout exercise app i think,you know thats the idea of having apps..that sweatflix app is available on appletv,and if its good enough for apple why not virgin...and itll be available on amazon firestick febuary..richard brandson could use sweatflix to keep fit on his v6 box..

Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Both of which are streaming TV boxes with app stores linked, so the dev just has to submit the app to Apple/Amazon.

No such thing exists for the VM TiVo.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos