Menu
DigitalDonkey
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Appointment picker for upgrade is incorrect

I finally managed to get he V6 upgrade option on my account and booked an appointment, package upgrade and 12 months contract. I used the appointment selector to pick two times "Sat Jan 14 2017 between 10am - 2pm or
Sat Jan 14 2017 between 1pm - 6pm".  I got this confirmed in an email.

Later the same day received an email to confirm the installation date:

"You're in! We're sending one of our technicians round on <13/02/2017> between <1PM-6PM> to install your Virgin Media services. It should only take about two hours to get all the equipment up and running."

I had to call the account team as I could not make the new date which I had not asked for. I did ask the agent why they did not honour my dates and he said that the appointment picker was not working correctly. The next possible date I can get is not until the 25th Feb. My classic TiVo is just about to die with another hard disk failure (its started to make the noise and pixelate recordings, so I know it's coming). Can the forum admin see if there is a better date (any Saturday), before I have to call out the engineer to fix a dead classic TiVo. I still cannot believe that existing customers have had no feedback on the interest form and have to go through this painful process and pay more money to get a working TiVo which can operate at a reasonable speed. Help appreciated.Order ref: WS4010329

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Appointment picker for upgrade is incorrect

If you explain to the technician that you have a v6 install booked and require no setup demonstration he may be able to pull the install forward to the fault appointment
0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you explain to the technician that you have a v6 install booked and require no setup demonstration he may be able to pull the install forward to the fault appointment
0 Kudos
DigitalDonkey
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Jb66 thanks for the helpful reply. I will try this if I have to call out a technician. 

Forum admins, can you please still look into an early date. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DigitalDonkey, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear we were unable to make your first 2 selections when looking to have the V6 installed Smiley Sad

I've had a look and there are some appointments available from the 1st of February but these are week day appointments. 

I have been able to book you an earlier Saturday appointment and have sent you a Private Message with the information. 

Take a look Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DigitalDonkey
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much, that's help. Thanks for the Saturday appointment.
0 Kudos