Menu
cozmic1988
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

App - Device Registration limit

Streaming and downloading videos from the V6 box is awesome. Finding out there's a limit of only 2 devices in the household that can do it, really poor! 

When will this limit be increased? We all have devices, and so many households have more than two occupants. Surely, at a minimum, this should be more like 4 or 5?

Mum and bro have to miss out right now :-(

Colin x

jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: App - Device Registration limit

unlikely to be changed i would say. quite simply they don't want loads of people all having access to channels but only one bill being paid. for example a block of flats with 6 different families in it would only pay one bill. or someone having all his mates round watching different movie channels and sports channels at the same time.

sky have two devices as standard. i think you can get three or four but you have to pay a premium for that.
0 Kudos
cozmic1988
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

But surely that should apply to streaming the live channels or stuff from On Demand, NOT streaming/downloading your own stuff from your own box on your own wifi network?
0 Kudos
Rs101
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

jamesofmerton wrote:
unlikely to be changed i would say. quite simply they don't want loads of people all having access to channels but only one bill being paid. for example a block of flats with 6 different families in it would only pay one bill. or someone having all his mates round watching different movie channels and sports channels at the same time.

sky have two devices as standard. i think you can get three or four but you have to pay a premium for that.

Sky's limit is 2 devices as standard or 4 if you have multiroom/ Sky Go Extra.

However, if you're just streaming from Q within the home, the devices don't even need to be registered. So you can have a dozen different tablets/phones and use any two at a time (plus the 2 mini boxes).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi cozmic1988, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your Mum and brother are missing out on streaming due to the device limit. 

Currently we have no plans to change this limit although if we do, we'll be sure to let you know.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So no chance you could match Sky model and have it so that devices being streaming to in the house don't have to be registered.

0 Kudos