Menu
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else's V6 switched itself on overnight?

Woke up this morning to find white lights on both my v6 boxes. Both were in standby when i went to bed last night. This has never happened before. Anyone else had this happen?
0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone else's V6 switched itself on overnight?

asha_bristol wrote:
Woke up this morning to find white lights on both my v6 boxes. Both were in standby when i went to bed last night. This has never happened before. Anyone else had this happen?

...was that the first time that happened?!

Could be VM doing some work in the area which caused the box to turn on (mine occasionally turns itself on but now, very rarely + it only ever happens on a Saturday?!).

Or, perhaps, could be a bug of some kind.  I would search the forums as this is not the first time someone has posted about this.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-turning-itself-on-then-needing-reboot-to-work/m...

asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't think it's a problem (unless it starts happening every night). I put them both into standy again this morning where they have remained. As you say, maybe some work in the area or a software update perhaps.
0 Kudos
Marni1971
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mine did the same this morning for the first time. 

Tivo did it quite often. 

0 Kudos
phil-ntl
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You may find that your box has received a firmware update overnight. Mine did the same.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Quick-View-Has-it-been-there-all-along/td-p/3352897

Cheers
Phil

0 Kudos
PeeJ
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My V6 does this all the time, it's on every morning. During the day if I put it in standby it turns back on again about 10mins later. It also reboots itself randomly. I have a tech visit booked for Thurs. Hopefully he can sort it.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PeeJ wrote:

My V6 does this all the time, it's on every morning. During the day if I put it in standby it turns back on again about 10mins later. It also reboots itself randomly. I have a tech visit booked for Thurs. Hopefully he can sort it.

Have a read through this thread to see if anything solves this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-Wake-from-Standby-Issues/td-p/3291846

asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else noticed their v6 hard drives are spinning constantly since this update and don't switch off like they used to?
0 Kudos