Menu
marsboy
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any V6 Users - Opinion?

I am a long term customer of Virgin and TiVo (about 5 years). I have now had it with virgin, and very close to ordering Sky Q. 

Is there anyone on the forums who is using the pilot service and can confirm if the V6 still stuffers from the slowness of the current TiVo?? (i.e. iPlayer Buffering, slow menus and need for constant reboots)?? 

I dont know if I can wait for virgin to finally relase info for existing users, and if there is any sort of "upgrade fee" im off.... Dont know if its worth waiting or just cut my losses. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Any V6 Users - Opinion?

Hi marsboy,

Thanks for your post and of course your interest in the new V6 box. Smiley Happy It's certainly a super exiting time to be a part of Virgin Media. 

I can tell you that the new Virgin TV V6 box, powered by TiVo® is coming very soon and is currently being piloting by a selected few. Pricing is being discussed so I'm not able to offer any information on this side of things yet. 

In terms of feedback, stick around this board as there will be customers posting the closer we get to the launch Smiley Happy 

In the meantime you can register your interest for this box here: Virgin V6 Box

We'll be releasing more information on this soon so keep your eyes peeled. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A real Freudian slip here.......to quote  " It's certainly a super exiting time "...maybe we should all take the hint and clear off to Sky.

Kath_F wrote:

Hi marsboy,

Thanks for your post and of course your interest in the new V6 box. Smiley Happy It's certainly a super exiting time to be a part of Virgin Media. 

I can tell you that the new Virgin TV V6 box, powered by TiVo® is coming very soon and is currently being piloting by a selected few. Pricing is being discussed so I'm not able to offer any information on this side of things yet. 

In terms of feedback, stick around this board as there will be customers posting the closer we get to the launch Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F wrote:

Hi marsboy,

Thanks,

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hmmmm maybe I shouldn't have skipped that morning coffee after all Smiley Wink

Thanks for noticing the mistake there cruising. 

I meant to say exciting Smiley Happy

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can we all agreed, we want Santa to deliver it soon!
0 Kudos
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't be in a hurry to get one, if this is anything to go by:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=35870118&postcount=1211

0 Kudos
jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Temporary blip it's working!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

UNKNOWN wrote:

If you read that forum regularly you will realise that guy is full of hot air. 

He used his connections in VM to get a V6 ahead of the crowd and the other posts have suggested that the V6 is only being tested in some areas not including his own. I think that there is some amusement about the problems it is suggested that he has brought upon himself.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

UNKNOWN wrote:

If you read that forum regularly you will realise that guy is full of hot air. 

He used his connections in VM to get a V6 ahead of the crowd and the other posts have suggested that the V6 is only being tested in some areas not including his own. I think that there is some amusement about the problems it is suggested that he has brought upon himself.

You will always get naysayers and you'll always get teething issues.

Considering the box isn't  on "general release", my install was trouble free. Have to say its one of the few pieces of kit VM have launched recently that does what it says on the tin.

A lot of the stuff Ive up till now relied on a second box for (youtube,Iplayer)  is now seamless and working 100% on V6. So then you get the real benefit of "series link +" pulling in on demand etc....

Although I understand a lot of what I say will be taken with a pinch of salt due to the SU title,  Ive been critical of past launches, check out my post history. And I was fairly underwhelmed when I saw the interface and thought "oh yeah just TiVo again" . But the experience of using V6 every day is bringing a new lease of life to our VM TV package. Even stupid stuff like managing recordings is snappier and less of a chore. Well pleased. Oh and red button actually DOES something, never had the patience to find out what was supposed to happen on TiVo, even though mine was not afflicted by STS (slow tivo syndrome)

jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean the connected red button from the BBC. Can you confirm live restart works on iPlayer? Would be good if it does.
0 Kudos