I'm sick to death of being my first month an always had problems 

Helpful Answers
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Always faults on v6 box

if you are not happy you could downgrade to TIVo - older, slower but arguably more reliable, and probably a free swap out if you make a fuss

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

jm85 wrote:

Will I lose the netflix an youtube options an slower how slow

hard to predict. my tivo is fine, some others are unbearably slow, allegedly....

once you actually get to the video you want to stream, then all is good on tivo. it's the navigation that annoys people

my take is that both youtube and netflix are better watched on PC, or on a dedicated streaming box like a Roku attached to the TV

or for  a top class experience splurge on an Nvidia Shield TV

the VIrgin kit tries to be "one box to rule them all" & fails.

the Shield TV does Netflix, Amazon, Plex, Kodi, you tube ....all up to 4K. the only thing perhaps not-to-like is the price Smiley Happy

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK, so what are you looking to do by starting this thread?

If you're looking for some help to resolve the issues you have, we'll need some detail of your problems.

jm85
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Youtube doesn't work sometimes nor does netflix, my on demand doest work sometimes the box doesn't come on an i get this screen 

20170404_081657.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Problems waking from standby can be resolved, until a fix is made available, by avoiding your V6 going into standby. This can be effected by setting your V6 power saving settings to Always On.

Your other issues are symptomatic of your V6's connection to the internet being poor. How is your V6 connected to your home network Superhub?

jm85
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's connected by wire an it's not the Internet it's the box it's self I was told few weeks ago the box has bugs and it's still new an all them trying to be sorted. Im new to virgin an been on phone everyou week sometimes 3 times in a week calling with problems I was told my a tech to post on here that's what I've done.  An I've sorted all settings done speed tests just a never ending problem with the box no matter how we sort it another problem arises 

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

if you are not happy you could downgrade to TIVo - older, slower but arguably more reliable, and probably a free swap out if you make a fuss

0 Kudos
jm85
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you wouldn't loose netflix or youtube

painfully slow would be a good description.

and by the time you swap the v6 will probably have had a software patch to fix these issues.

that aside I don't have any issues with youtube on the v6.. don't know about netflix tho as I don't have that.

and how is your internet generally?

0 Kudos
jm85
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My Internet is great it's fastest they have an youtube they said was a glitch they had same withere netflix. Tbh am getting really tired of the problems on v6 box but the vivo box I couldn't handle the slow speed lol

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

jm85 wrote:

hard to predict. my tivo is fine, some others are unbearably slow, allegedly....

once you actually get to the video you want to stream, then all is good on tivo. it's the navigation that annoys people

my take is that both youtube and netflix are better watched on PC, or on a dedicated streaming box like a Roku attached to the TV

or for  a top class experience splurge on an Nvidia Shield TV

the VIrgin kit tries to be "one box to rule them all" & fails.

the Shield TV does Netflix, Amazon, Plex, Kodi, you tube ....all up to 4K. the only thing perhaps not-to-like is the price Smiley Happy