Menu
narayanbdr
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Adios Virgin Media, where is the loyalty?

Been a loyal customer of VM for 13 years (since NTL days). Finally, I am happily saying goodbye. Reason being lack of customer loyalty. Had TiVo box for almost 5 years, its slow as a turtle. Phoned VM to get new V6 but they want £45 in addition to £5 a month on TV package. This is absolutely ridiculous. I could have demanded a new box every year I renewed the contract. I am sure they could have thrown in a box for free rather than losing £500 every year. Your loss, not mine. Good Bye Virgin Media.
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adios Virgin Media, where is the loyalty?

Well good luck finding an alternative - Sky CS is appalling. You might also want to check Sky forums as you will see that they are full of even more complaints than you will see here.

Apart from that.. Virgin is a business so why should you expect something for nothing? If they had 'thrown in a box for free' for you, then by your logic they should have given all existing customers their new boxes for free. See where this is going? It would be down the pan for Virgin if they gave everything away for free. Just my opinion.

shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

narayanbdr wrote:
Been a loyal customer of VM for 13 years (since NTL days). Finally, I am happily saying goodbye. Reason being lack of customer loyalty. Had TiVo box for almost 5 years, its slow as a turtle. Phoned VM to get new V6 but they want £45 in addition to £5 a month on TV package. This is absolutely ridiculous. I could have demanded a new box every year I renewed the contract. I am sure they could have thrown in a box for free rather than losing £500 every year. Your loss, not mine. Good Bye Virgin Media.

Where has this loyalty stuff come from all of a sudden. VM are a business and don't owe you anything. Why should a business invest money in making a new box then give them away to existing customers for free, it makes no logical business sense. £65 for a brand new 4k HDR capable box that can record 6 things at once and includes WiFi is a very good price. From my understanding there would be no £5 a month charge either if replacing an existing TiVo with the V6 unless you were already on a loyalty deal to begin with. 

For what it's worth I dislike Virgin Media and their customer service but as my father won't have any other services then I have to stick with them. 

0 Kudos
narayanbdr
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I am sure they can afford to throw £45 in order to get £500 worth of business every year. Business sense. SKY Q is free I guess, I already have Sky dish.
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Sky Q isn't free - since Sky brought out Q they also went to not owning the box (as Virgin does) so you pay up front for that too.

0 Kudos
narayanbdr
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

shawty1984 wrote:

Why should a business invest money in making a new box then give them away to existing customers for free, it makes no logical business sense. £65 for a brand new 4k HDR capable box that can record 6 things at once and includes WiFi is a very good price. From my understanding there would be no £5 a month charge either if replacing an existing TiVo with the V6 unless you were already on a loyalty deal to begin with. 

They invest money on hardware to retain their existing customer and tempt new customer. There is a fierce competioion in the market and it is not that I can't afford to pay £45. If new customer gets V6 for £12.99, then why should I pay £45 when I am renewing a contract? Anyway, I am going to sky -  £42a month for fibre, line rental and Sky Talk included + one off £19.95 set-up fee + free 32” LG TV. £125 referal voucher. I am out.

0 Kudos
narayanbdr
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Corinneangela wrote:

Sky Q isn't free - since Sky brought out Q they also went to not owning the box (as Virgin does) so you pay up front for that too.

£19.99 one of charge with free 32" TV and £125 referral voucher. So it's not a bad deal at all.

0 Kudos
narayanbdr
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

shawty1984 wrote:

Why should a business invest money in making a new box then give them away to existing customers for free, it makes no logical business sense. £65 for a brand new 4k HDR capable box that can record 6 things at once and includes WiFi is a very good price. From my understanding there would be no £5 a month charge either if replacing an existing TiVo with the V6 unless you were already on a loyalty deal to begin with. 

They invest on new technology to tempt new customer and retain existing. Why should I pay £45 when new customer can get it for £12.99? On top they want extra £5 per month eventhoug I am changing my tivo and it will be a new contract. It makes no busness sense to loose a customer paying £500 year for £45.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Presumably that is for new customers? Virgin has deals for new customers.. but what happens when Sky next bring out something new and as you are no longer a new customer you have to pay?

Anyway, I would recommend research before you jump or you could be jumping into the fire..

0 Kudos
narayanbdr
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Corinneangela wrote:

Presumably that is for new customers? Virgin has deals for new customers.. but what happens when Sky next bring out something new and as you are no longer a new customer you have to pay?

Anyway, I would recommend research before you jump or you could be jumping into the fire..

I had SKY some years ago and they use to give me 6 months half price every time I renew a contract. Martin Lewis one pointed out that Sky are more lenient towards retaining existing customers. Anyway, 13 years is a long time with Virgin, I need a change. 

0 Kudos