Menu
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

4k HD

VM - any news on when we should be getting these channels?
0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4k HD

I'd love these too but i'm not expecting them anytime soon as Virgin already have serious congestion on their network without having to push 4k channels / content down their already stretched network.

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think they have done really well with the new box and appears better than the new sky one.

The problem outstanding is that both Sky and BT have 4k in sport and customers are likely to go with them?
0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The new V6 box is "ok" it's still no where near as fast or fluid as the Sky Q box and changing channels is noticeably slower.

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The TV guide on the V6 box is far better than Sky
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

andyjstew wrote:

The new V6 box is "ok" it's still no where near as fast or fluid as the Sky Q box and changing channels is noticeably slower.

I cannot do a comparison with a Sky Q box but, given how fast my channels change on the V6, are we measuring in nanoseconds, milliseconds, or what?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

anthony_b wrote:
I think they have done really well with the new box and appears better than the new sky one.

The problem outstanding is that both Sky and BT have 4k in sport and customers are likely to go with them?

That is why AFAIK neither BT or Sky are sharing their 4k content with anybody else, they are using the exclusive content to tempt customers.  Unless VM offered them a huge amount of money, which would not be practical, they won't share.  BT & Sky have invested in the new tech and need to see a return on their investment and currently they see new subscribers (or maintaining existing ones) as the best way to get that return.  In the short term I don't see this changing.

Even if VM are in negations to get 4k content from BT or Sky it will all be commercially sensitive until a deal is done and so nobody from VM will be able to tell you anything.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I fully understand they can't say anything but again we seem to be behind both Sky and BT on another item.

We have done well with VM as we are the only company who can get all BT and Sky sports channels so have got my hopefully full confidence that we will get 4k
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

Thanks for your posts regarding 4K content. 

If and when we have an update regarding having more content available we'll be sure to let you know. Until then it's Netflix and YouTube for the win Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath