Menu
Chandoraa
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

4K Netflix Green Screen

Hello.

I have signed up for Virgin Media and had the install yesterday. Everything has now been setup, however I have found that when trying to watch 4K content within the Netflix app on the V6 box, I am given a green screen and then the message "Netflix encountered a problem, try again later".

I have a 4K TV and able to watch the content via an app on my TV, or on my Xbox One S so I do not believe the TV is the problem.

All of the above mentioned devices have a wired connection to the Virgin Hub 3 router.

Any help that can be given would be appreciated.  

Edit: Slight typo.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4K Netflix Green Screen

Hi Chandoraa, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with watching 4K Netflix content. 

Checking the stats on the box, all seems to be looking good. 

I've taken a look to see if there are any known issues and it does look as though this is one of them. The green screen has only been recorded as happening when the V6 box is connected via wifi. 

There is a work around in place that usually resolves this and it's to power cycle the V6 box and the TV and make sure the TV firmware is completely up to date. 

If you do this, try again and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Chandoraa
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

Sorry for the late reply.

I tried it following your message and all seemed to be OK.

I tried it again two nights ago and it has gone back to displaying the green screen. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chandoraa,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Kath_F is away at the moment so I hope you don't mind if I respond.

I have looked into this and I would just like to check what your V6 video display has been set to?

You can find this setting by going to - 

Home - Help & Settings - Settings - Video Output

Apparently this needs to be set to 2160p to play any 4K content from Netflix and Youtube.

Please let me know if there's any improvement.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chandoraa
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose.

Thanks for the message.

I had already tried the resolution settings, with my TV already being setup on the V6 box as 2160P.

Strange thing is that this seems to be intermittent. Following your message I attempted to watch Daredevil and it worked fine. After the one episode I turned off the V6 box, then later on attempted to watch the next episode, however that one gave me the green screen.

It seems like this, the ongoing issue that my area is having concerning On Demand services, the V6 box randomly resetting during certain shows and the latency issues on the SH3, I am starting to regret my move over to Virgin.

Resetting Issue: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-box-reboots-during-playback/td-p/3330754

Latency Issue: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Chandoraa,

I have been investigating this further and this issue has been registered as a known fault which happens due to high usage (Ticket number) NKE00008479.

The only workaround at the moment is to reboot the V6 and TV and update your TV software if possible.

I'll be in touch if I have any further updates.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jellyfloat
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I too have a green Netflix screen, which is at least different from my intermittent grey screen whilst watching TV. My installation is new and I connect via a LAN cable on a homeplug
0 Kudos