Menu
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

3 v6 boxes installed today 2 dead already ?

i have had 3 v6 boxes installed today, the guys that installed them had trouble with one of them and left saying a update is being done but the box has never booted stuck at 16%.

the other 2 seemed ok now another has died, had a black screen come up so no picture, and then it rebooted and is stuck on the starting up screen, and wont go any further, wish I had not adopted to this v6 box so fast :-( I guess I will have to ring virgin in the morning and see if they can get someone out asap, great no tv over xmas the wife is gunna be well chuffed :-(

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3 v6 boxes installed today 2 dead already ?

That's appealing service. I bet you'll have to wait weeks as well for an engineer. I would also seek compensation for this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

trapster wrote:

i have had 3 v6 boxes installed today, the guys that installed them had trouble with one of them and left saying a update is being done but the box has never booted stuck at 16%.

the other 2 seemed ok now another has died, had a black screen come up so no picture, and then it rebooted and is stuck on the starting up screen, and wont go any further, wish I had not adopted to this v6 box so fast :-( I guess I will have to ring virgin in the morning and see if they can get someone out asap, great no tv over xmas the wife is gunna be well chuffed :-(

I would hazard a guess that the black screen is a result of the TV not giving the correct handshake to the box, try moving it to where the box not receiving the update is located and see if it works there

0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a bad install to me. I had 2 x installed two weeks ago not one problem from either
0 Kudos
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

ok been on the phone to virgin tech support and it looks like the power levels coming into the house are not enough for these new v6 boxes ? so i am no left waiting till next thursday for a appointment :-( i explained that we had tivo boxes before and they were fine, but he is sure the v6 boxes need more juice ?

anyway off to the cinema to watch star wars as we have no tv lol

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

A couple of weeks ago, when some people were complaining about not having installations before Christmas, others mentioned that having an installation in the week running up to Christmas was asking for trouble. 

Weeks ago I was offered 07/01 and that seemed, and still seems, a good bet to me.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

yes I agree in hind sight I probably should have waited :-( but hey ho that's  life

0 Kudos
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Luck of the draw I guess, I opted for early install 15/12 and the fastidious engineer replaced my 3 way splitter with a powered version as SNR out of range and I have no problems so far.
0 Kudos
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well I have sorted out one of the boxes that was not working, looks like it does not like going through the Yamaha rxa-830 amp although the amp says it has 4K pass through it is not heap 2.2 so as long as the v6 box is set to 1080p it is ok through the amp but if you set it as 2160p it won't boot.

if I plug the v6 straight to the 4K tv I can only pick 2160p anyway.

both boxes go though the Same amps I have one in each room the other box still gets stuck on 16% and makes no difference if I by pass the amp and go straight to the 4K tv, so the must be a cable problem as I have tried the other boxes in this room.

totsly gutted that these amps are not going to work as I bought them around a year ago and bought them as they said 4K up scaling and 4K pass through

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

trapster wrote:

totsly gutted that these amps are not going to work as I bought them around a year ago and bought them as they said 4K up scaling and 4K pass through

Buying anything 4K even now is asking for trouble as the broadcast standards for UHD aren't set yet, let alone a year ago. While they may cope with 4K content, as you've found, they're not HDCP 2.2 compliant.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos