Menu
Tomcat3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

2hd V6 Price

At the moment I am on the Full House Bundle 200Mbps Broad Band with 1 Tivo Box 1Tb and 1 V+HD Box. I am booked in to have a V6 box fitted and the Tivo moved upstairs to replace the V+HD.

Now I have been told it will cost me £49.95 + £14.99 activation fee for this setup.

Now my question is if I were to replace the Tivo with another V6 Box so I have 2 V6 boxes how much extra would it cost me as I have conflicting prices from CS?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2hd V6 Price

If they can confirm that you're definitely on the Full House 200Mbps package, then it should be correct.

Though I'm loathe to suggest harassing them for this, Retentions might have a better idea of what they're talking about, or at the very least able to explain why it's not £49.95.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/TiVo-V6-Pricing-Explained/m-p/3281148/highlight/tru...

On that bundle, the second box would be another £49.95.

The attended installation cost of £40 should be waived/credited, as there is no quick start option available atm.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Tomcat3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf

Thats what I thought it should be, but CS told me it would be £99.95 for the second V6 Box! Where do I go from here?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If they can confirm that you're definitely on the Full House 200Mbps package, then it should be correct.

Though I'm loathe to suggest harassing them for this, Retentions might have a better idea of what they're talking about, or at the very least able to explain why it's not £49.95.

Tomcat3
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf

Just had and online chat and the price was confirmed as an extra £49.95 so I am now happy to go ahead with the install for that price. Will just ring CS tomorrow to confirm Smiley Very Happy

Tomcat3
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is it not possible for Virgin CS to do anything right? After the above post I thought that I would phone them today to make sure everything had gone through from the online web chat OK. How wrong can you be as they informed me the second V6 Box would cost me £99.95 not the £44.95 as agreed the day before! Any way 45 minutes latter we got that sorted out, then they told me the bad news that while checking out the above problem some ****** at their end had altered the install date from Jan 5 to Feb21 they were very all very apologetic at their end, but they won’t be very happy when I get back on to them after Christmas  Smiley Mad

Just about to post this and the phone goes, its that nice man from CS again it back on for Jan 5 Smiley Very Happy it must have been something I said!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tomcat3, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been messed around a little when trying to upgrade to the new V6 box. 

I am glad however that things are sorted now. Let me know once you've had the installation and if there is anything amiss on the bill I'll see what I can do to resolve. 

Hope you had a great Christmas Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tomcat3
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator