Menu
ktofu23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2 Issues

Hi

Just had my new v6 box installed. 

On the whole I'm very impressed. The GUI finally works at a fantastic speed and I'll probably never get a clash again thanks to the 6 tuners.

However there are still a couple of issues. First of all, yestersay when I turned the box back on from srandby it froze and did not boot up. It just said "Waking up" for ever. Had to turn power off and on again to reboot. 

Also we noticed that when in standby the box did not record anything at all. The recording hicups section reported a power outage at those times of the missed recordings. We know that the box was on standby at the time.

As a workaround we've set our power saving to always on and are not entering standby to avoid the problems in the short term.

Does anyone know if these are known issues?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2 Issues

The wake from standby issue is well known and you have selected the correct workaround to resolve it in the short term. I believe it may be addressed in a future firmware release which is hopefully not too far away.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The wake from standby issue is well known and you have selected the correct workaround to resolve it in the short term. I believe it may be addressed in a future firmware release which is hopefully not too far away.

ktofu23
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Also do you think the 'not recording while on standby issue' is related to it?
If the standby causes an issue then logically this could affect recordings I suppose.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have read about this issue before and I am curious about it.

My V6 is set to Snooze (Suggestions Off), the deepest sleep mode, and I always set it to Standby overnight but I have never seen either of the problems described above.

NB waking from Standby is very fast.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos