Menu
willbrown2511
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wrong phone number coming into house

We had virgin installed on Saturday 16th January 2016, the number they gave us for our phone line is not the right number that is coming in to our house, had people ring up today but was wrong number, looks like we have got someone else's number coming through to our house. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: wrong phone number coming into house

I would ring faults ASAP (150 free from a VM line), as crossed lines can cause all sorts of problems. The likelyhood is you have taken the number of another customer on the same cabinet. So their phone line wont work, you get all their calls, and worse still, if you make any calls it could end up on their bills.

Virgin staff can take several days to respond to threads on this board.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dial 174 and see if you get the correct number read back to you.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi willbrown2511

Welcome to the Virgin Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems with your home phone at the moment. I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this for you.

I can see that you've been able to contact the team and arrange for action to be taken to get this resolved, which is excellent news. 

I'd love to hear how you get on. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos