Menu
raygomm
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

why must I have a landline ?

I DONT WANT A LANDLINE

In this era of instant communication wherever we are, using text, whatsapp, Facebook and hundreds more what is the point of a landline ?   Yet when I tell VM that I dont want a landline they tell me that its part of the package and to take it out will actually cost more per month.   In effect they are forcing me to pay them £16 / month line rental for a service I don't use.

Why can't they come into the 21st Century and realise that landlines are not for everyone. They should remove it and the charge from my monthly outlay.   

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: why must I have a landline ?

You don't have to have a Landline. You can have a non-standard bundle that does not include one. The only difference is you lose the bundle discount it attracts, so you only save about £5 a month, not £16. You also lose out on the Smartcall app, which allows your mobile to use the inclusive calls on your landline tariff anywhere there is WiFi.

If however, you have already signed up to a Bundle that includes one, you will have to wait until your fixed term contract expires, or you will be hit with disconnection fees.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos