Menu
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

virginmedia.com and customer services by phone unavailable...

So, here's the thing:  My land line is currently unavailable.  So I thought I'd contact CS via web chat.  Except virginmedia.com is also down "because they are currently doing some maintenance to bring us more services" - right in the middle of the afternoon...

I'm struggling to believe any kind of service provider, let alone a good one, would decide to undertake 'maintenance' to improve services.   It would be much more helpful if customers were treated like adults and were told what the problem is, or appears to be, or at least "we are experiencing technical issues at the moment"...

It would also be nice if VM could start providing an explanation of why 'expected fix times' are pushed back so frequently.  My phone fix time has been pushed back four hours, even though the problem had been identified and was going to be fixed by 4.30pm.  I've recently experienced almost three weeks of email updates where a fix time was just pushed back by a day, every day...

I really do wonder if this is really the level of customer service virgin media management would find acceptable if they were on the receiving end of all these issues, constantly... I know it's unlikely I'll ever find out the answer to that!

MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: virginmedia.com and customer services by phone unavailable...

The service status page is now back up as of now!!  However, it comes up with this:

Oops something's brokenSmiley Sad  This is the second time it's done this.

Oh well...

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh, you have to love VM for their sense of humour!  "Oops, something is broken"  - do they think they need to keep telling us that?! lol

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With all this modern tech gear, I no longer expect things to work as they should (if they do it's a bonus)!  The anti-virus on my phone decided that I had one, but couldn't delete it as it was a system file.  I put it on ignore, then re-scanned it.  It then announced "No threat found".  I then took it (the virus warning) off ignore, and after re-scanning for a 3rd time. Hey presto "No threat found". I have no idea if my phone is infected with malware or if it's Google software being reported as a false positive.

Ho-hum.  All we can do is sit and wait as well as hoping stuff gets fixed (eventually).  There's over 1,000,000 posts on here and most of them are problems.Smiley Indifferent

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi studio_54

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone service recently, it's not something we want you to experience.

That being said, I'm glad to hear that you've been in touch to see that there's an outage in your local area at the moment. 

Fingers crossed the issue has been closed, which should mean your phone is working as normal. If that's not the case, get in touch and I'll take a look for you right away.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D

Please can you re-read my original post and then review your comment to my post?  I *attempted* to contact CS to find out if there was a local outage, but was not able to as virginmedia.com was not available.  So I had no way of contacting VM to find out what was going on.

The points I raised in my post were more involved than just my phone line not working.  When you review the post you'll see the issue around fix times:

• It would also be nice if VM could start providing an explanation of why 'expected fix times' are pushed back so frequently.  My phone fix time has been pushed back four hours, even though the problem had been identified and was going to be fixed by 4.30pm.  I've recently experienced almost three weeks of email updates where a fix time was just pushed back by a day, every day...
  • I really do wonder if this is really the level of customer service virgin media management would find acceptable if they were on the receiving end of all these issues, constantly... I know it's unlikely I'll ever find out the answer to that!

Let me know if you want to catch up on the phone...

Cheers

D

Craig_D wrote:

Hi studio_54

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone service recently, it's not something we want you to experience.

That being said, I'm glad to hear that you've been in touch to see that there's an outage in your local area at the moment. 

Fingers crossed the issue has been closed, which should mean your phone is working as normal. If that's not the case, get in touch and I'll take a look for you right away.

Take care

Craig