Menu
Cryxus76
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

trueCall (call blocker) problem

Hello,

Since switching my phone service to Virgin Media my trueCall unit now treats all incoming calls as unrecognised, instead of either accepting or rejecting them via the filtering process.  I can confirm that Caller Display is present on my line and CLI information is correctly displayed by the phone when trueCall is bypassed.  However, when connecting the phone through trueCall, the unit does not appear to “see” the caller's number and simply allows all calls through as unrecognised.  I understand that other posters have had issues with trueCall, and other call-blocking devices, but I have been unable to find any solution to this problem.

I should also add that the unit is not faulty as this has been checked by substitution - it just simply refuses to work on my VM line, despite being marketed as fully compatible with cable lines.

Any help or advice you could offer would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: trueCall (call blocker) problem

Hi Cryxus76

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this, I really appreciate it.

I'm really glad to hear that you've been able to resolve this issue too, thanks again for such an excellent post, I'm sure others will find it useful Man Happy

We'll be here if there's anything we can help with in the future

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cryxus76

Welcome to the Community, I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your Truecall device. 

Have you been able to contact Truecall at all? For suggestions on what to try, as the line is working as it should at the moment. If they're unsure, ask for the line requirements for your device, then we'll double check everything for you.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Cryxus76
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

First of all, thank you for your prompt response to my question.  Please accept my apologies for the unavoidable delay in replying to you.  At the time of your reply, I was waiting for a response from truecall regarding this matter, in the hope that it would enable me to provide you with more information.

truecall operate a subscription-based Internet Control Panel through which users can fully customise all of the advanced call handling features of the truecall unit.  One of these features allows users to select various Caller ID formats to suit their particular installation.  Prior to posting my question, I had already tried each of the available CLI

formats, and all had failed to resolve the issue - hence, my question. 

However, it would appear that truecall need to make a slight modification to one of these formats in order for the unit to operate correctly on Virgin Media telephone lines. Following this modification, I synchronised my unit with the truecall server and I can confirm that this has now resolved the problem. 

I would point out that it is not necessary to subscribe to truecall's Internet Control Panel if you only want this modification.  If you have a truecall unit, just call their customer service number, explain that you are a Virgin Media customer, and they will ask you to perform a manual weblink to update your unit.  

I hope this will help other truecall users on VM, and thank you once again for your kind offer of help.  It was very much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Cryxus76

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this, I really appreciate it.

I'm really glad to hear that you've been able to resolve this issue too, thanks again for such an excellent post, I'm sure others will find it useful Man Happy

We'll be here if there's anything we can help with in the future

Craig

0 Kudos