Menu
TSummers
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

static and crackling on phone line

Had VM for awhile with no major issue's except when trying to get the phone line put in to start with. Up untill last week everything worked fine but now I have static,crackling on my phone line. I am unable to make or received phone calls on the phoneline aswell. It is not my phone as I went out and bought and tested a brand new phone before plugging it in my my phone socket. I have tried to connect the online help but they are always "busy". I have also noticed around the same time that there has been another VM install to someone else who lives within my property which happens to be a block of flats (thanx to the WIFI name). I am wondering if the person who installed the other connection has cause this issue as everything was working fine for the best part of a year. I even tested my old phone on a completely different phone socket (at another house in a different area post code as it is my families house) and it worked fine there. This this means that there is an issue with the phone line on VM's end. How do I get around to connected VM to get someone to come out and get this fixed as I am being charged for something that is not fit for purpose because it is unuseable.

Also how can VM have done a free upgrade for me on my broadband now 50Mb when I took the contract out I could only have 50Mb as the lowest option at that time.

Taken from an old bill SuperFibre 50 with phone line rental @ £17.99 and now Your speed boost is complete!

Your connection speed is now up to 50Mbps.

We've upgraded your speed so you can enjoy more of what you love to do online. with line rental @ 19.00.

Pretty sure VM can not change Line rental price without giving me 30 days notice of doing so and should have given me the option to cancel out of my contract under goverment guidelines.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: static and crackling on phone line

Hello TSummers,

Welcome to the community.

I have located your account and I can see a technician has been booked for your telephone line so please let us know if you're still experiencing any problems.

Regarding your broadband speed the upgrades only applied to customers who joined before November 2015, anyone who joined after this date isn't included in the free upgrade. Unfortunately the price increases have affected everyone but it's just to ensure we can provide the best service for our customers.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may of caused and if you have any further queries please let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos