Menu
rav79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

scary and terrible virgin media service,

for 4 months now i have been complaining that i get an intermittent dial tone

I have spoken to many people , at virgin who are all not based in the UK and do not really know what I am querying about

All I want is the intermittent dial tone to be removed and I do not want voicemail service etc

I use this the phone for an alarm system and I cannot have an intermittent dial tone.

please note i have had virgin and alarm for 4 years and its never been a problem as i had a standard dial tone

My biggest complaint is as follows

This morning I called virgin media around 9am and said I have a fault on the TV, they said an engineer will come between 12 – 4pm

The engineer arrived just before 10am, which was a big surprise, what if I was not in the house.

There is no complaints with the engineer ,  he was a great person and fixed the TV and changed 2 connectors but said he can’t solve the intermittent dial tone

I then called virgin again and spoke to an engineer ,  I told him I have an intermittent dial tone and that I have no voice mails

The engineer said I have no voicemail service but I should speak to the engineer when he comes to my house

I told him the engineer has already left , he then tells me that is not possible

He says that no engineer should have visited my place and nothing is on record.

Now I am really worried, who came to my house and I need to speak to the police as stranger has come to house and Virgin do not know anything about it

I asked the engineer  if I can speak to his manager, he started to get  bid rude and said manager will say the same thing and started to call me mate

He then said all the managers are in a meeting, does anyone know if  virgin actually have a call centre with management or are the calls routed to people’s houses in different parts off the world.

Engineer  said the manager will call me in an hour, I said I don’t think that will happen

He said manager will call and he will also call

4 hours later I still have no calls

I called virgin again at 15:38 as my wife is worried about the stranger situation and notifying the police

The lady said the engineer will arrive at 15:44 ,its now 16:08 and no one has still arrived

This has really spoilt a Sunday

I called again at 16:30 and they said a manager should have called you and they will rebook the appointment for tomorrow

What a terrible waste of a Sunday

I am paying an awful lot of money every month for a terrible service and my prices go up whenever virgin feels like it

But when it comes a point where we are worried about who came to the house and  me contacting the police is very worrying.

I would appreciate if someone senior can get back to me ,

I will be posting this on the forums and social media sites to make people aware that people have access to virgin database and any stranger can come to your premises and virgin are non the wiser

Regards

Very Upset and worried long term customer

fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: scary and terrible virgin media service,

By your own words ...

There is no complaints with the engineer ,  he was a great person and fixed the TV and changed 2 connectors but said he can’t solve the intermittent dial tone

I'd rest easy on the stranger side ... it's very doubful a stranger would be able to fix cable TV ....

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Welcome to the community Forum.  

I'm going to start by saying I don't work for Virgin Media, I am a customer like yourself.  I have flagged this to the Forum Team though as they do work for Virgin.

When you speak to phone support you're not speaking to an engineer but rather a call centre agent.  Likewise the person who visits is a technician the engineers tend to deal with deeper network issues behind the scenes.

My first thought is that I personally have had a technician visit before the scheduled appointment time, The Forum Team need to get in touch with the area manager and check it was a genuine technician that came.

My personal thoughts about the offshore call centre is that they are fine when things fall into their comfort zone, but when things happen that they don't expect, their service is lacking to say the least.

Normally I would ask you to start a thread in the telephone section with regards to the intermittent dial tone, however I'm hoping the Forum Team will help with that in here instead on this occasion.  I note that it is tied into an alarm system, hence this is a priority for you to get resolved.

@ForumTeam

To sum up.

Can you check if it was a genuine technician that visited the caller?

Can you assist with the intermittent dial tone problem?

Ravenstar68

Edit - I agree with AndyJu, I think the tech was genuine, however it never hurts to double check.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rav79,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I will be happy to help find out what's been happening for you, I'm sorry if we've caused any worry or concern over the engineer calling round early.  I will get this investigated for you.

In regards to the intermittent dial tone, I believe I will be able to assist further with this as well.

I will send you a private message to request further details if you don't mind.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rav79,

I just wanted to pop by and update you after our conversation regarding your previous engineer visit, I'm sorry for any concern caused during this time.  After checking your account I can see our engineer has attended and updated notes to reflect the outcome.  

Normal process would be that if we do call round early we would update your account and inform all concerned.  In this case I can see that the appointment wasn't updated as soon as we would normally like to see.  This led to a bit of confusion, I do apologise for this.

I have provided feedback to all concerned so we can avoid causing any worries in the future and provide any necessary training where applicable. 

As for the intermittent tone this should now be resolved in the next day or so, so please keep me posted on how you get on.

We're here to help any time you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

rav79
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Collette, 

i will keep you updated

thanks for all your help.

going forward i think ill post any issues on this forum

much more helpful then the call centre  Smiley Happy