Menu
peedoffagain
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

rubbish service

I am disgusted with the diabolical lack of service. Which genius made the decision to stand down any help for phone lines over the Christmas period. I have just had my call with India terminated because the chap had no way to assist me. If you need google, great they are here to help with control alt and delete service. But have an 74 year old disabled lady with emergency 4 hour responce and "Im sorry but there are no engineers on call today, it is christmas"**bleep**

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: rubbish service

Emergency 4 hour response on what?

VM being unable to service anything other than actual emergencies on christmas day shouldn't come as a surprise, it costs a fortune to have someone on standby today, so pretty much all customers are SoL when it comes to getting fixes today

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

a lot of petrol garages are closed christmas day. virgin could force the engineers to work but whether they get there on petrol fumes is another thing.

virgin/sky/bt have for as long as i can remember always had a non existent or very reduced service for christmas day.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

24/7 4 hour response costs a lot of money, our company offer it and it costs them £50k per area per year in standby rates the call out engineer for the week will get £1000 on top of his wages, that cost has to be paid for within the service contracts of the customers requiring this.

0 Kudos