Menu
ephemerol
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

"message waiting" dialtone but no messages on 1571

Bit of a strange one, when I pick up the phone the dialtone beeps rapidly but when I dial 1571 it says there's no voicemail messages. Is there a way to somehow reset the phone or maybe there's a hidden message on 1571? I looked through all the online guides but I couldn't find anything that explains what this means or how to fix it.

0 Kudos
ephemerol
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: "message waiting" dialtone but no messages on 1571

Never mind, after posting I noticed there's an earlier topic with exactly the same problem. Phoned myself, left a message, deleted the message, fixed it.... bit odd that the phone and voicemail get out of sync though.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: "message waiting" dialtone but no messages on 1571

Hi ephemerol,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry that you had a problem with your voicemail, but glad to hear that you've been able to find the fix to this on another post. 

This can happen sometimes and it's caused by a random glitch on the system. If you find this happening often or if this happens and leaving a message and deleting it doesn't resolve the problem, please let us know and we can investigate this further.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos