Menu
CampFreddy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"Please check the line cord" - Phone error

I got a new VM installation just before Christmas as a result of a house move. It was only a few days ago that I was able to plug in my phone after unpacking, but the phone immediately had a "check line cord" error and I could not get any dial tone.

I have dialled my number from my mobile and I hear ringing, but my landline/phone never registers the incoming call.

I have checked the service status and it claims that all is well.

I have tried two different phones - a BT one and a Panasonic one - and mixed and matched the line cords etc. with no result.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Please check the line cord" - Phone error

Hi there CampFreddy, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line hasn't worked since your install just before Christmas, I'd really like to help you out. 

Thank you for letting me know that you've already tried another phone on the line as this helps with diagnostics as it eliminates your phone from being the cause of the fault. 

The next step now would be to book a technician to call out and investigate further. I've tried to locate your account using your forum credentials, but have been unable to do so. 

I'll send you a private message in order to ask some further questions which will allow me to locate your account. 

Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Maggie54
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem having just bought a brand new twin telephone set.  Having plugged in the phones the error message "Please check the line cord" appeared on the handsets.  I had a problem with the old handset after an electrical problem. The line was checked last week and found to be working.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Maggie54, 

Welcome to the forums and may I say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment. I'd really like to help you out.

I've done some testing on the line, and can see no reason for your lack of service. If you're able to eliminate the new phones from being at fault, then I think it's best to arrange for someone to call out and take another look at the line. 

I'll send you a private message in order to get this arranged. 

Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos