Menu
tpettinger
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

"Please check the line chord"

Hi there. Just plugged in my new BT cordless phones and keep getting the message "Please check the line chord". I've done this and tried different phone cords but the same message persists. I haven't previously had a landline plugged in but the box etc is all there. When I call into the landline it's fine (from the calling phone) but doesn't ring in the house and obviously I can't get a dial tone etc for outgoing calls. Apparently there's no fault on the line. What do I do? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Please check the line chord"

Hey tpettinger

Welcome to the community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your phone service recently.

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're not seeing any issues but as you've already tested the handset I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos