Menu
Cruthin2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"Cord Line Error"

Returned from holiday to find "Cord Line Error" message on BT 7610 cordless phone and phone not working. Virgin on-line equipment test says equipment is fine. Internet and TV is also fine. Request help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: "Cord Line Error"

Hi Cruthin2016

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you. We're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment, have you got an alternate handset to test on the line? If not, are you able to test your handset on an alternate telephone line?

I'd love to hear how that goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Cruthin2016

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the line from our end for you. We're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment, have you got an alternate handset to test on the line? If not, are you able to test your handset on an alternate telephone line?

I'd love to hear how that goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Cruthin2016
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, I don't have an alternate handset or alternate phone line to test those possibilities
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cruthin2016

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, ideally we'd love to test your handset so we can rule out this problem being an issue with your hardware, and you getting charged by the engineer as a result of that.

If that's not possible and you're happy to proceed with an appointment then I'd be able to arrange that for you. I've sent you information regarding a potential appointment in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this issue is causing, we'll talk soon.

Craig

0 Kudos