Menu
Hooper-Greenhil
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

"Check Phone Line"

Hi there, I've just bought a new home phone because I thought my old one must have died. However, I've just plugged the new one in and it's saying "Check Phone Line". I can ring our home number from my mobile and it's ringing from my mobile but no ringing from the home phone.
0 Kudos
farwellh
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Check Phone Line"

I believe you are just 1 of many many people with that same problem- dont hold your breath - they gave me an appointment for 5 DAYS LATER for an engineer to attend - would you personally say that is acceptable given my elderly infirm relatives rely on this line & they are aware of that.

What is your opinion? Would be grateful of your answer

Hooper-Greenhil wrote:
Hi there, I've just bought a new home phone because I thought my old one must have died. However, I've just plugged the new one in and it's saying "Check Phone Line". I can ring our home number from my mobile and it's ringing from my mobile but no ringing from the home phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Check Phone Line"

Hi Hooper-Greenhil,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having landline trouble.

As you've already checked your handset, I'd like to arrange for a technician to fix this for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos