Menu
PWaller
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

process charge if port of landline number fails to a new provider

I canceled my services with Virgin on the 16th October and was asked if I wanted to keep the landline number, I did and left it there.  it appears there was an issue between Virgin aand BT and the number could not be ported over, resulting in a loss of my landline for 2 months.  i then had to cancel the number request with Virgin only to be told that within their process (not in the contract and not explained to me at the time, so no agreement given), that this delay would result in my having to pay charges for the services uptil the 29th December when the number was cancelled.

having checked this is a stealth charge, i did not agree to and was not stipulated within the terms and conditions of the contract, i was also out of my contract period.  Porting is not a process i can manage or control, and effectively means i would have paid for the same line twice with 2 different providers.

a complaint is being made to Offcom

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: process charge if port of landline number fails to a new provider

Hi PWaller

I am sorry to hear that the experience you have had in porting your number last year has not been a good one with us Smiley Sad

I do appreciate you takign the time to get in touch with us about this and thank you for joining us on the forums.

Our teams in Customer care would be able to supportyou with this and you can get in touch with them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with this support option.

I am also going to see if we can look at any further options for support for you and to do so I am sending a pm to you that you can find in the on the top right of the forums for me to get some further details form you.

If you could drop a reply back to me on this, that would be great.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PWaller

I am sorry to hear that the experience you have had in porting your number last year has not been a good one with us Smiley Sad

I do appreciate you takign the time to get in touch with us about this and thank you for joining us on the forums.

Our teams in Customer care would be able to supportyou with this and you can get in touch with them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with this support option.

I am also going to see if we can look at any further options for support for you and to do so I am sending a pm to you that you can find in the on the top right of the forums for me to get some further details form you.

If you could drop a reply back to me on this, that would be great.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
PWaller
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi karen

Thank you for your response.

i have also written to your complaints team. understandably given the hours I have attempted to deal with This issue I would prefer to communicate via email only.  Regards t waller

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate you letting me know PWaller.

If this changes at all then just let me know on the pm I sent to you the other day.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
PWaller
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

I was mid message and seem to have lost it did you receive half a message? If not just to say I can't open your PM via my iPad, and that if you could inform customer services I am making a complaint so will not be paying the suggested outstanding balance.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I didn't get the other message no sorry PWaller, but I'll update the complaint reference with your most recent post to advise them of this stance.

Thank you for keeping me informed. Let me know if you need anything else.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos