Menu
sandbar
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

possible caller id / call blocker problems

I set up caller id and anonymous call blocker on my frail elderly mother's virgin phone last week via Virgin's customer services. Since then the whole phone system has gone completely dead twice meaning that her community alarm (connected via the phone line) which she needs in case of an emergency would not work either. Community alarm say everything ok with their equipment and virgin engineer says everything ok with phone lines - can anyone advise if this problem is due to the caller id / call blocker and if so how can I fix it. Will I just have to cancel caller id / call blocker and go back to getting nuisance calls?  I showed the engineer an article from this forum re problems with a plug in call blocker but he said setting up with Virgin means that it would not affect the phone lines. Is this correct? I am obviously very concerned re the alarm potentially not working out of the blue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: possible caller id / call blocker problems

Hi there sandbar, 

I'd first of all like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your mother's phone line has been causing you some concern over the last couple of days. 

Neither the Caller ID or Anonymous Call Blocker would cause the line to drop out, as these are just features on the line. I'd like to take a closer look at things, and run some testing, so I've sent you a private message in order to ask a few further questions which will allow me to locate the correct account. 

Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a blue envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: possible caller id / call blocker problems

Hi there Sandbar, 

Just thought I'd check to see if you were able to see the private message I sent to you last week as I've not had a reply. 

If you'd like for me to run some testing on your mother's account, please let me know the answers to the questions I asked privately. 

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos