Menu
dcwhitworth
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

phoneline not working and cant contact virgin media

I've tried to run the online test and that came back as no problem and that i need to book an engineer.

however it wont let me book an appointment,and as my phone line isn't working I'm unable to contact them. I'm totally reliant on my landline and need to know what i can do?

can anyone point me in the right direction as i'm stuck.

thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: phoneline not working and cant contact virgin media

Hi dcwhitworth,

I saw your other post before this one so have responded there.  You can find the post here:

Re: check line cord error

Thanks.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
dcwhitworth
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

forgot to mention that i;m in area 12.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dcwhitworth,

I saw your other post before this one so have responded there.  You can find the post here:

Re: check line cord error

Thanks.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

dcwhitworth
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

the same thing has happened again, my phone display say's" line cord error,please check" and if i try to phone out, it beeps 4-5 loud quick beeps.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello dcwhitworth,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues again with your telephone line.

I have been able to locate your account and I can confirm there is a fault in your area regarding this service.

The report shows that there may be a loss of service until 12AM on 20/07/2016 and you can check the current status and any updates here.

Apologies again for any inconvenience this has caused and if you have any further queries please let me know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

dcwhitworth
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thank you Rose_B,according to that report, the broadband is down with a Fix estimate of 22nd July 20:00 and my phone line is fine.

however my broadband was fine as i could surf the net and reply here,but my phone had been down since about 3.30pm. i managed to contact virgin via chat app earlier and was told it would be 4-6 hours,and thankfully it's just this minute,working again. i was starting to worry i was going to be stranded until 22nd.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi dcwhitworth

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that this has been sorted, I'm glad to hear your phone line is working as it shouldMan Happy

If there's anything we're able to assist with moving forward, you know where to find us!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Steve02
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My phone line stops working at random and I find it exstremly annoying that I can't report it because there is no online method of doing so ,why can't this be made easier ? I know why ! Because virgin have so many annoyed and angry customers they would need an army of people to answer the phones 

0 Kudos
Steve02
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

dcwhitworth wrote:

I've tried to run the online test and that came back as no problem and that i need to book an engineer.

however it wont let me book an appointment,and as my phone line isn't working I'm unable to contact them. I'm totally reliant on my landline and need to know what i can do?

can anyone point me in the right direction as i'm stuck.

thank you.

My phone line stops working at random and I find it exstremly annoying that I can't report it because there is no online method of doing so ,why can't this be made easier ? I know why ! Because virgin have so many annoyed and angry customers they would need an army of people to answer the phones 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve02

Just to let you know that I've responded to your thread regarding this issue, which you can view by [clicking here]

Apologies for the inconvenience you're experiencing, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

0 Kudos