Menu
anettboldizsar
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

phoneline dead

Hi

we recently had an issue with our landline phone where it was starting to sound crackly and this got worse over time so much so we couldnt hear the person on the other end. The issue is now worse in the fact the phone line has no dial tone and when trying to call the landline no one can get through.

My father inlaw who is an ex telephone engineer has checked the phone connection inside the house and there are no issues and has said the issue is outside the property and that the line could be diss.

we would like an engineer to come and sort out our phone line asap as I cannot call my family in Hungary.

I have tried to have a webchat with someone about the issue but they are constantly busy and when I try to call 150 or the other number given on my mobile phone it just disconnects.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: phoneline dead

Hi anettboldizsar, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. it's great having you on board with us however I am really sorry to hear that you are having an issue making and receiving calls Smiley Sad

I have gone in to the account to check the state of the line and this is coming up as red. This shows us that the issue is our side and nothing to do with your handset itself. 

We will need an engineer out to resolve this asap. I have sent you a private message to arrange a suitable appointment.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos