Menu
obriels
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

phone problem

I have not used my virgin phone line for a long time but want to use it again.

When i plug a phone in i have no dialling tone. when i dial in I get engaged.

the phone works fine in a non-virgin line - in fact i have tried two.

when i test the line through service stars it says that it is fine.

any suggestions please? thank you

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: phone problem

Hi there obriels, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to learn that your phone line is not working at the moment. I'd really like to help you out. 

I've done some testing on the line, and whilst I see no local area issues, I can see that we need to arrange for a technician to call out and take a closer look at the line. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there obriels, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to learn that your phone line is not working at the moment. I'd really like to help you out. 

I've done some testing on the line, and whilst I see no local area issues, I can see that we need to arrange for a technician to call out and take a closer look at the line. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving with this, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Abmayleavevm
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi support

there is clearly a major issue with vm landline service. Instead of running meaningless line tests and advising patient and not so patient customers paying huge amounts of money that there are no local issues when you clearly know there are, why cant you simply be open and transparent and tell us what is going on and provide the right support. My phone has not been working for 3 days. Ive only just booked an engineer after twice testing the line, all the phones, batteries and mains point, and run a line test but looking at the blogs with the same issue they all seem to have the same response that there are no local issues which given the number of issues raised seems highly unlikely and disingenuous?

can you give us the real reasons please 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Abmayleavevm,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you have a loss of Landline service.  I'm pleased to see you have an engineer booked to come and get this fixed for you.

As this is a community forum you will see many reports from various customers.  Not all are in the same areas/regions.  Generally we find that due to our useful Service Status Page anyone who is affected by an area fault will find the details here and they will be aware of what's happening and check for updates so you may not see many of those reports here as our Service Status Page will keep them updated.

When we do get a new report of any Landline issue we check each report fully and ensure all checks are done.  If there's an area fault then we will advise this and give any relevant details.  

I have had a double check of your Landline and there is a detectable fault present which I would have booked an engineer for.

Please keep us posted on how you get on with the appointment.  As a community we're here to help in any way we can.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos