Menu
s7evethom
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

phone number

I signed up recently to virgin tv and phone. I got a different number but had wanted to keep the old one. Unable to get through to virgin 150 number or any other for that matter. live chat is always busy. Not impressed with new service so far.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone number

Hi S7evethom

Welcome to the Community and to Virgin Media, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone service at the moment.

I've located your account and would like to escalate your request to our back office team to see if it's still possible to bring your old number in to us. I'd need to ask for some information to do that, so I've sent you a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forwards to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
s7evethom
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon.

Have you got anywhere with getting my old telephone number back?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi s7eventhom      

I've just spoken to the team who are trying to port this number in, it seems as if the number has been disconnected from your previous provider so we're not able to process the port from our end.

I'd recommend contacting your provider to see if the line is still in a pending disconnect state, let them know you want to bring the number with you, to us. They'll let you know of the best option, depending on what state your current line is in.

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
s7evethom
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you can't do anymore. One reason for leaving Sky was never being able to get through to them when a problem occurred.

Not able to get through to them now either. I am disappointed that it wasn't pointed out to me that I had to make it clear I wanted to keep the number I have had since 1984. I'd have thought that would have been obvious. Surely this isn't the first time this has occurred?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear about all of this s7evethom,

If you're unable to reach the company via telephone, you may be able to get some assistance via their Community.

If you'd like to chat to our team about this some more, you can call on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos