Menu
jaynemwalker
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

phone number changed

hi, when we switched to Virgin we were told we could keep our old phone number but we would have to wait 10 days...well our number was changed on the 3rd January and when I contacted the rep who dealt with us he said give them 24hrs more...still havnt got our old number and its very inconvenient as we are halfway through a house purchase and because we were told we could keep our old number we havnt given out the new one...not a very good start to moving over to VirginSmiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone number changed

Hi jaynewalker

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone number and the moment.

If you've not been in touch with the team about this and you'd like me to take a look, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AHoogy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey jaynemwalker,

I feel your pain. I have a similar thread in this forum. I have just moved over to Virgin from Sky and my home number which I have had for about 20 years was not ported over because someone at Virgin did not put it on the order (which I know I did 100% on my online order). I have been in contact with Sky who say they released the number back to BT (its original owner). I contacted BT who say Virgin simply need to request the number from them and, should it be still available, I can have it back. It costs a nominal fee of around £1.20 to Virgin. I have spoken a number of times to Virgin Customer Services (all my chasing too!) and I seem to have finally got somewhere a couple of days back where the Customer Services rep, Jennifer, simply said she'll put the request in and by 23rd Jan I should have my beloved old number back!
Keep ringing them until someone puts the request in. Jennifer did it on the spot for me whereas other reps, as nice as they were, said they'd chase it and get back to me (never happened) or pass it on to the porting team.

Best of luck!

0 Kudos
AHoogy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just to update you: not good news. I got a call from Virgin who say that they are unable to do it and I must contact BT myself (which I had done a week earlier). Explaining this to the customer service rep threw her and she reverted repeatedly to script. I gave up.

0 Kudos