Menu
skullsnroses
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

phone not working

my house phone has a nasty crackling noise on it I cant make or receive calls at all and the service status checker goes to 99percent then goes off

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone not working

Sorry to hear about this skullsnroses,

I've located your account and I'd like to arrange an engineer visit for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me skullsnroses,

It appears that this has since been raised as a fault within the area and a network engineer will attend ASAP to get this fixed.

A fault ticket has been raised for this under the reference F005222984, with a review set for tomorrow.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
skullsnroses
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

can you please help me as I'm now in a state of panic mode as I really need my house phone, I have severe panic and anxiety issues plus manic depression and having no house phone for this long is causing me great health issues
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi skullsnroses,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your landline.

If the below checks have already been done, I can schedule an engineer to call out to get this fixed for you.

Please verify the following checks have been done:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the envelope icon at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
skullsnroses
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

please help me as I have had a few panic attacks due to this issue and I really need my house phone and no one seems to be taking any notice
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi skullsnroses

I appreciate you have got back to Terri on her PM and we understand the concerns this is causing for you.

If you could possibly get back to me or Terri with the details we need to support you, we will be happy to help you further.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
skullsnroses
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

has there been a technition been booked for this week as its now monday and ive had no landline house phone since thursday im also waiting for medical calls and appointments and cannot recieve anything , please can you help xxxxx
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi skullsnroses,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Our network team picked up an issue with the cabinets in your area that has now been resolved. Are you still experiencing landline issues?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
skullsnroses
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

yes ive had no house phone since Thursday last week and I'm disabled and got bad mental health issues
0 Kudos