Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: phone not working last few days

Hi JanStockport

Thanks for your response. Today or tomorrow isn't available unfortunately, as mentioned in the thread we'd need a few days notice to be able to get this organised so let me know what works for you. 

Respond to the last private message I've sent with that information and I'll get that sorted.

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JanStockport

Thanks for the update, sorry again for the inconvenience you're experiencing. 

There isn't much more we can recommend other than to wait for the engineer to come and take a closer look. I'm glad to hear that the forms have been sent out for you to sign up as a lifeline customer too, that will help in any future situations similar to this. 

As for the credit, we don't expect you to pay for a service you're not receiving and have let us know about so when the issue has been resolved, get in touch and I'll get that sorted for you.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI JanStockport

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the issues with your telephone service at the moment. 

I've located your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the line from our end, we're not detecting any errors at the moment though. Have you been able to test your handset? By trying an alternate handset or your handset on an alternate line? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
JanStockport
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Craig, thanks for answering so quickly, I tried using the phone set at my mother in law's phone line which is in a different area, it worked fine, then I purchased a plain corded phone and that does not work at all. When I ring from my mobile to the land line it does a normal ring tone but no response from the phone that's plugged in. I checked the connection on the wall so where do we go now?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JanStockport

Thanks for getting back to me about this, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JanStockport

Thanks for your response. Today or tomorrow isn't available unfortunately, as mentioned in the thread we'd need a few days notice to be able to get this organised so let me know what works for you. 

Respond to the last private message I've sent with that information and I'll get that sorted.

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
JanStockport
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We have contacted customer services to arrange engineer & we have had to cancel our holiday arrangements this weekend as they can only call Friday 8th April 8-12am. As not having landline is serious issue as partner is main carer for 82 mother who uses carecall to our landline so we want to ensure in future we are on priority Fault list so have requested form to sort that out. We would also require credit as not had phone since Friday 31st March so would require week of credit.by Friday. We have purchased new phone just plugged into wall & no tone is there anything else we could check ? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JanStockport

Thanks for the update, sorry again for the inconvenience you're experiencing. 

There isn't much more we can recommend other than to wait for the engineer to come and take a closer look. I'm glad to hear that the forms have been sent out for you to sign up as a lifeline customer too, that will help in any future situations similar to this. 

As for the credit, we don't expect you to pay for a service you're not receiving and have let us know about so when the issue has been resolved, get in touch and I'll get that sorted for you.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos