Menu
Barryl26
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

phone making a little bleep every few hours then no service

Night before last our phone kept making a little bleep noise every few hours, next morning no service, just an "engaged" tone no dialling tone. Service came back about lunch time,  then last night started again, no service again and it hasn't returned.

Can't ring 150 as no service, 0345454111 just engaged all the time, web chat -operators busy all the time, no e mail address for faults, so how can I contact Virgin Media to get service back? Tried running phone line test on line but it stops at 99,  said it takes less than 2 minutes but I left it 30 mins twice and it just stopped at 99 and did not give me a result.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: phone making a little bleep every few hours then no service

Hello Barryl26,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

I have located your account and your line is currently being affected by a fault in the area, you should be able to check for any updates and estimated fix times by using our service status checker here.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to me and I hope there's been no problems since but if there has then just give us a shout.

All the best Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Barryl26,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

I have located your account and your line is currently being affected by a fault in the area, you should be able to check for any updates and estimated fix times by using our service status checker here.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

Barryl26
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.  Phone service was on and off for the next few days but , fingers crossed, been OK for last couple of days so problem may be solved.  Thanks again, you were very helpful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to me and I hope there's been no problems since but if there has then just give us a shout.

All the best Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

Barryl26
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose_B

Thanks for your help a few weeks ago, we did have service for a while, but last week it started again and I think the service has been more off than on since then. Whatever the fault is, it is not fixed, friends who normally ring on the landline don't even bother now they just use my mobile.  The broadband and tv service are not affected.

Have you any idea how long this is going to go on for?  I ran a test, as I did before, to check the phone service and it just stopped at 99 per cent again!  I would appreciate any help at all just to get a normal landline service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Barryl26,

Sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing.

I have tested your landline again and I'm unable to find any faults in the area which could be causing this so what I would like to do is to arrange for a technician to visit your property. Just before I do can I confirm whether you have tested/replaced your landline just to eliminate any equipment fault?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

Barryl26
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Hadn't thought it could be actual phones, we have one upstairs and answerphone downstairs, phone rang a while ago and we have service again now but I don't know for how long.   Will try to check both phones and get back to you. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Barryl26,

Just checking whether your telephone line has been resolved?

Please let me know if you need me to arrange for a technician.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos