Menu
malcolm-c
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

phone line not fit for purpose

I am hard of hearing and use a highly amplified phone.  Noise on the line is made worse by amplification.  I struggle with my old mobile because it is not loud enough.  I turned to Virgin for engineer help.

First engineer said noisy line not my equipment nor equipment in my building. Probably in street so needed two people because of traffic.  He booked an appointment.  No-one came.  No explanation. Call Centre booked another engineer visit.  He came to same conclusion as first engineer and booked another appointment.   No-one came.

I am new to Virgin.  Is it usual for Virgin to ignore appointments booked by their own engineers? Is it usual for Virgin to do so without explanation?  What do I have to do to get some-one to fix a phone line that is not fit for purpose?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: phone line not fit for purpose

Hi Malcolm-c

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you and there's no information on your account regarding when we can expect this issue to be resolved. With that in mind I've emailed the engineering manager in your area for more information and I'll be in touch once I receive a response.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing, we want to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello malcolm,

I'm very sorry to hear you're still without a telephone line.

I would like to arrange for another technician to visit your property and take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Malcolm-c

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you and there's no information on your account regarding when we can expect this issue to be resolved. With that in mind I've emailed the engineering manager in your area for more information and I'll be in touch once I receive a response.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing, we want to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
malcolm-c
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking an interest. However, it is now nearly a month since first engineer's visit. All I want is a working phone line. My last supplier managed over 17 years without a break as far as I can remember. All I had to do was add amplification to the phone as I got more deaf . Anyway, I have made a formal complaint.

regards

malcolm
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello malcolm,

I'm very sorry to hear you're still without a telephone line.

I would like to arrange for another technician to visit your property and take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

malcolm-c
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Any response from the engineers manager?

malcolm

0 Kudos
malcolm-c
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For the benefit of the community - first impression is that my phone problem was resolved to day.  The fault lay in the line out in the street.  The engineering team were up early this morning "walking the line" before the traffic started up.  So, thanks to all the engineers who contributed to the outcome.  Honourable mentions also to Craig_D and Rosie_B for their support.

regards

malcolm-c

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello malcolm-c,

Very pleased to hear your line is back up and running Smiley Happy this is great news and if you have any further issues just let us know and we'll investigate it for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos