Menu
reddwarf4ever
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

phone calls over 60 minutes

No one in their right mind would stay on a landline call for more than 60 minutes, as it starts to charge, even on anytime calls.....

the government, in its infinite wisdom has decided that instead of seeing a physio when referred to my a doctor, that you are assessed first over the phone, the point being to reduce visits and just send out exercise22 Mar 15:45 01702 38 5399 1:21:00 1.990

leaflets instead....iPhones the number and was still on hold after 55 minutes, I could hang up and try again, or bite the bullet and hope the call wasn't too long

0 Kudos
reddwarf4ever
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone calls over 60 minutes

Is there anything that can be done to improve the system, or perhaps asking to have such phone numbers added to an exempt list

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi reddwarf4ever,

Thanks for coming by with your feedback.  

Currently there isn't a facility to exempt any type of number for this feature.  It is worth while exploring to see if the person/company you're contacting has an alternative free phone number or a facility where they can call you back to help avoid any charges should the call last longer than 60 minutes.

I will by all means take on board your feedback and pass this on to the relevant teams to review in the future.  

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ALL landline providers cap inclusive calls to 60 minutes maximum to prevent abuse of the phone system.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos