Menu
whyi
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

pact code

hi

I got in touch  with virgin as I think there prices what they charge me is too high,so  I was told when  you look around for a possible new deal you need a pact code which I told virgin I was only looking at that time to see what others could provide

however nobody could realy match what I was looking for or at least I could not find any body,now I find my mobile is no longer working virgin informed me that the contract had been cancelled due to asking for the pact code even though I had not used it,they were prepared to offer me a new deal of less while putting the price up which is why I got in touch in the first place as I believe for a mobile broadband and home phone I am paying a lot of money at over 70 pounds plus a month

not wanting to realy go down the road to asking family members who are lawyers I thought for speed I would ask on here first if they can do that

thanks

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: pact code

Requesting a PAC should not cancel your current service unless/until your new provider activates it.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
whyi
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

according to virgin they can do whatever they want as the customer is of no importance and there seems nobody you can speak to take this higher as no one will say anything but sorry we always cancel once a pact code is asked for

thanks for your reply
0 Kudos
whyi
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

according to virgin they can do whatever they want as the customer is of no importance and there seems nobody you can speak to take this higher as no one will say anything but sorry we always cancel once a pact code is asked for

thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI whyi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you lost your old tariff.

Requesting a PAC code shouldn't cancel the account so it sounds to me like they initiated a 30 day downgrade. Either way that shouldn't have happened because you say you made it clear you were just shopping around.

Looking at this further I believe you have spoken to someone since posting and had this explained to you in detail. I'm sorry this has happened to you and I'm hoping you're now happy to move forward.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
whyi
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

happy is the last thing I am fuming and sick to my back teeth of lies is nearer to the mark

0 Kudos