Menu
oscarcharlie
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

number mysteriously changed

hi all

i joined virgin on the 13th feb and was assigned a new number as requested all good

22nd feb my sky phone and broadband contract ended all good

23rd feb my new virgin number doesnt work and my sky number seems to have been ported across to virgin

spent most of last night trying to explain this to someone with hardly any grasp of english and did not recieve any call back from them as promised 

can anyone help on how to get my virgin number back as wanted a new number to get rid of all the ppi and new boiler salesmen who have my sky number

also my caller id has disappeared

thanks in advance 

keith

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: number mysteriously changed

It's doubtful that the PPI calls will stop with a new Virgin number .... I believe they recycle after 6 months, and the chances of you having a brand new unused number are about as likely as me winning the lottery ... to be fair, I think all telecom companies recycle numbers.

I paid and changed out Virgin number for another - 7 years on I am still getting calls for the previous owner of the number!

As for caller display, this is a "paid" service (unlike BT who supply it for free) - did you request it ?

I'd try faults again for the number ...good luck
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi oscarcharlie

I'm really sorry to learn about the difficulty you've experienced with your phone number recently.

I'd like to take a look at this situation for you, but I'd need to request some additional information to be able to do so. I've sent you a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

If you could respond to that message with the requested information, I'll take a look for you right away.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keith

Thanks for this information, it seems as if the number port has been put through so that the number ending in 461 is your current active number from our end.

In this situation, we'd be happy to change your telephone number completely free of charge. We'd just need to ask that you give our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other and ask the person you're speaking with to read my notes in the account authorising itMan Happy

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing, I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
oscarcharlie
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi 

many thanks for your response spoke to somone today and am expecting a new number within 24 hrs ill let you know how it goes

again many thanks

0 Kudos
oscarcharlie
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

all gone thru now

again many thanks

0 Kudos