Menu
rclaridge
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no phone line for three days now

I have had no phone line for three days now is there a fault as when I run the test it tells me there is no fault thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
weebananaguy
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no phone line for three days now

Hiya, same issue for me, changed my cordless base unit to an old fashioned phone, works fine, think the lightning has surged through the virgin connection (as neighbours have no internet or TV - it has made their TV HDMI socket not work) and frazzled my base unit. 

Try that, see if it works for you?

0 Kudos

All Replies
weebananaguy
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hiya, same issue for me, changed my cordless base unit to an old fashioned phone, works fine, think the lightning has surged through the virgin connection (as neighbours have no internet or TV - it has made their TV HDMI socket not work) and frazzled my base unit. 

Try that, see if it works for you?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello rclaridge,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your telephone line and a warm welcome to our community.

I have been able to locate your account and everything seems okay this side so I just want to check if you've tried a different phone in the socket and whether you're still experiencing the same issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rclaridge
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Haven't checked with a diffrent phone as I don't have one here but surely it wouldn't be my phone if people are getting the busy tone when phoning me that would be a fault on the line wouldn't it ? And it seems many people are having the same problem with there phone lines 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello rclaridge,

A busy tone when people are trying to call you could mean that the line is blocked, which is either caused by the line or the handset itself.

I would like to book you a technician to check everything over for you and get this fixed so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen then you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos