Menu
roodi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

no phone installation

Having chased virgin around trying to find out whats going on with my home phone installation I now find there is no capacity for a line yet,a date has been pencilled in for March 2017.Had I known this 2 weeks ago I would have stayed with BT.What can I do to hurry this up as my children use the home phone in emergencies,esp with my daughter having been diagnosed with epilepsy 3 months ago.I NEED HELP PLEASE

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: no phone installation

I'm afraid to say there is no quick fix for this. Virgin inherited its telephone infrastructure from many former cable companies it either took over or went bust in the build process. Many of these companies cut corners & their systems were built "on the cheap" with no view to expansion. As a result the majority of the network cannot be expanded capacity wise without thousands if not millions of pounds worth of infrastructure change. Considering the landline on Virgin is not used for Broadband, & many prefer to use their mobiles rather than a fixed line this amount of expenditure is unlikely to ever happen. New Virgin areas have no phone services, & a VoIP phone service which Virgin Ireland now operates uses the Broadband infrastructure.

In short you are really waiting for another customer on your cabinet to leave Virgin, then you can take their line. The only option in the intervening period is a phone only service from someone like the Post Office, who offer a service on a rolling 30 day contract.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

roodi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying ,if this is the case why do virgin sell packages with the phone included if they cannot guarantee a phone line
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there roodi,

I am really sorry for the late response with this.

I have heard back from the team and provided a response update from them in your separate thread.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
nickp555
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ditto...exactly the same situation why cant they check before they take the order and take over the phone number? I did the online check...SUCCESS YOU ARE ALREADY CONNECTED TO A VIRGIN....

ps...still waiting for callback or email or community contact...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry to hear that you're experiencing something similar here nickp555,

I'd like to look into this for you but I am unable to locate your account at present.

I've sent you a private mail so that we can chat about this some more.

You can find this by clicking on the envelope icon near the top right corner of the Community page.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Chig1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i went for a broadband tv and phone package I upgraded from just broadband I went for the new virgin tv V6 box I must say the picture is very grainy on all channels I have mucked about with the video settings to no avail I was a sky customer before and the picture quality is much better . The broadband is very impressive on the wifi very fast with lots of gadgets connected . The main problem I have is the phone line I've always been with bt but changed for a virgin package it was supposed to all been fitted on the 9.3.17 but only broadband and tv was done I then looked at my account and the install date had been changed to the 14.3.17 so I swallowed that booked another half day off work . Went and checked the web site again now it's been changed again to the 27.3.17 between 8 and 1 so now I have got book another half day holiday from work for this install I think it's disgusting they don't even text you to say the day has changed a complete nightmare this is turning out to be !!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chig1

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service.

I've located your account to take a look and can confirm the appointment is on the 27th, I can see the construction team have been assigned some work prior to this appointment and it'll be a team of network and installation engineers to visit on the 27th as work is required in order to get the line active. 

I'm so sorry for the delay in getting this up and running, we'd love to hear how it goes and we'll be here if you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Chig1
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig for the heads up 👍

0 Kudos