Menu
bronwenthom
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

no landline service on 2 lines

I have no landline service today on both my lines. I cannot call Virgin from my Vodaphone mobile as number is blocked. And I cannot get through to online chat - so I am unable to inform Virgin. I have an engineer coming today about broadband, but need help with phonelines too. Why is it impossible to get through on online chat? This is NOT good service. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: no landline service on 2 lines

Virgin's number from a non Virgin line is 0345 454 1111. Calls are charged at standard landline rate, & will use free minutes if you normally get them to standard landlines.

The staff here are a backup rather than first line response, so may take several days to answer.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bronwenthom

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service. 

I've located your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the line from our end, we're not detecting any errors at the moment though. Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset or yours on an alternate line? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bronwenthom
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you please clarify what the FIRST LINE response is, if  the staff at Virgin are only backup and may take several days to respond? 

Reading the comments of others it seems that your ability to respond rapidly to problems with phonelines is somewhat less than what is required by customers.  

0 Kudos
bronwenthom
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It does now appear that the lines are working, but not as a result of any communication with or from Virgin.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

bronwenthom wrote:

Can you please clarify what the FIRST LINE response is, if  the staff at Virgin are only backup and may take several days to respond? 

Reading the comments of others it seems that your ability to respond rapidly to problems with phonelines is somewhat less than what is required by customers.  

This community forum's primary purpose is for customers like us to share information & help each other. Staff only step in if the queries cannot be answered by other forum users.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi bronwenthom

Thanks for taking the time to let us know that the issue has been resolved, I'm glad to hear it. 

As for the first line response, I couldn't have put it better than @nodrogd. For urgent issues, we recommend you contact our team on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other.

That being said, we try to help where and when we can, like this post where we had responded within a few hours to help to get the issues resolved.

Thanks again for getting in touch

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos