Menu
JoanC1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

no incomming calls

No incomming calls since 21st March when we were cut off with sky/bt 3 phone calls later and still no phone service last tel on friday only to be told wait another 10 days arrrggg.and use the temp number we have.this why I did not want to move from SKY.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: no incomming calls

Hi JoanC1

Welcome to the Community, I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

I can see the number port has been booked as you wish to bring your old number with you and you've been given information on when this will happen. I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing and we're looking forward to getting it sorted soon.

If you want an update or have any additional questions, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JoanC1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Thanks for your reply unfortunatly I have been on the phone once again after recieving a text sayIng Sorry we're unable to transfer your number because your previous account provider is closed.??? it will be closed as It was the end of the 31 days notice on the 21st March and Virgin were aware of this but since the 13th March when it was all installed they have known the phone has not been working.and all I have been told on phone is it will take up to 10 days well its been  over20 days no wonder the account is closed.my conversation today was as follows I went through it all again only for the guy in tv dept transfered me to customer services,only to be told by a gent I need to speak to the tv dept at this point I lost my temper and said they had to sort this out and I would not be paying my bill for a service we cannot use ie the phone the gent then said he would amend the bill so we didnt get charged but the 1st payment went out  this week.He also said he would get in contact to BT to get our old number re connected I said I was going to work as he was going to call back I said my husband would be in so would he speak to him he said yes.I came home from work and no return phone call so Idon't know what is happening.sorry its long winded but I have lost the will to live as I have spoken to Virgin more times than I spoken to Sky in the 5 years we were with them.still no idea when the phone will be up and running.Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
JoanC1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

NO incomming calls

21 DAYS and still no INCOMMING CALLS NO   call back from customer services re last phone call on Thursday..... Supposed to be on tomorrow won't hold my breath ??????? Smiley MadSmiley Mad  I really am loosing patience next step to cancel my direct debit why pay for something I cannot use do not hold out much hope going by the other comments on hear re virgin phone problems. 

0 Kudos
JR19
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO incomming calls

Not much hope of me getting mine restored on Wednesday then as it will only be 5 days! Like you I will cancel direct debit but have already paid Lin rental upfront!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JoanC1

I'm sorry to learn about the continued problems with your phone line JoanC1, it's certainly not the service we want for you.

I've been able to take another look at your account and I can see you've spoken with a member of the team yesterday and your line looks to be receiving incoming calls now, is that correct? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JoanC1

I'm so sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing.

I've been able to take another look at your account and I can see you've spoken with a member of the team yesterday and your line looks to be receiving incoming calls now, is that correct? 

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused by the issues you've experienced, I'll be here if there's anything I'm able to assist with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
JoanC1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We have a temporary tel number we were given untill we got our old number,  I have said I want to keep my old number as stated in February when we signed  the agreement to change to virgin via a rep knocking on doors. as we have had that number for years customer service said they are trying to get my old number back,as yet I still do not know if that is going to happen. This was requested when we signed up in February it is not our fault that the line was not available as it was the end off our 31 days notice we had given to Sky therefore the account was closed by the previous provider,we had everything installed on the 13th March for a smooth transition so everything would be up and running after the 21st March.I have to say the broadband is a lot faster than we had and we are getting to grips with the TV its a shame we have had so much trouble with the phone and its not sorted yet as we haven't been told yet as to which number will be our permanent number so will need to up date lots of contacts something I really didnt want to do.

0 Kudos
JoanC1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The maddening thing is the frustration of keep being told to wait 7-10 days when we had already waited 10days making it 21days.And each supplier blaming the other for with holding the number you want to keep.Hope you get sorted out quicker than us. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JoanC1

Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated regarding this issue, I'm glad to hear that you've got a phone line working at the moment although I'm sorry to hear about the failed number port.

I can see you've spoken with a member of the team about this and a request has been put in place, the team will contact you as soon as there's an update available. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, 

Craig

0 Kudos