Menu
staticgirl
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

no dialling tone - check service status not working - just moved house only 1/3 services working

Hi folks

Just moved house and brought Virgin with me because when I am not having problems it is really good. However when I have problems it is a nightmare trying to get them fixed.

Anyway. My Phone and tv aren't working and as there is no freeview signal in this accursed flat, I really need the tv and phone back. I'll post about the tv in the other section.

I can't use the check service status because the website says it is not working either. I have been on the phone to several people over the last few days and I am not sure what they said because of their strong Indian accents. I gave up trying to get them to repeat everything as I felt embarrassed as they were nice people.

For information: there is no dial tone at all and the socket appears to have been installed by BT Openreach which does not fill me with confidence. I can't find any other sockets.

I think 'Delfta' (?) said there was a phone fault in my area and that an engineer would come out to my flat or area on Monday but I am not sure. Could anyone confirm?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no dialling tone - check service status not working - just moved house only 1/3 services working

Hi staticgirl,

A complete VM installation should include a dedicated VM phone socket on the wall ... they do not use BT / Openreach's socket.  If you don't have the VM phone socket you will certainly need a visit from an engineer to install one.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no dialling tone - check service status not working - just moved house only 1/3 services working

Hi staticgirl,

A complete VM installation should include a dedicated VM phone socket on the wall ... they do not use BT / Openreach's socket.  If you don't have the VM phone socket you will certainly need a visit from an engineer to install one.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
staticgirl
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Dave, that makes sense (and I would prefer not to be using BT stuff whenever possible)

It's a shame no-one from Virgin has told me this. I cannot find a VM socket anywhere (all I can find is cables for the tv and boardband, an old satellite plug, an ethernet socket and a BT plug) and yet they did tell me the previous couple had VM services. Argh.

I hope someone can tell me whether I have an engineer booked - I tried ringing earlier but the queues were too long and I am on mobile phone only.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi staticgirl,

Many thanks for your query.

I can see that a manned installation has been arranged for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can confirm the date/time for this.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos