Menu
charles69
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

no dialing tone

No dialing tone, just static. Ran a self check which said no fault found, yet on the phone it advises there are difficult issues affecting my area fir TV and broadband. Not sure what to next, any advice please?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: no dialing tone

Hi there charles69, 

I'd firstly like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working at the moment, I really do appreciate how frustration this must be for you. 

I've also run some checks from this end, and can see no reason for the line to be showing a fault, so I'd now have to ask if you've been able to try another phone on the line, in order to eliminate that from being the cause, alternatively you can try your phone in a known working line.

I ask this because the next step would then be to book a technician to call out and investigate further for you. I've sent you a private message in order to speed things up once you've been able to eliminate the phone, so please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: no dialing tone

Hi there charles69, 

Just checking to see if you were able to view the private message I sent on Friday as I've had no reply. 

If you've been able to eliminate the phone, and would like for me to arrange a technician, please let me know. 

Cheers.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos